F1 Almost always used as the help key, almost every program will open the help screen when this key ...
- Almost always used as the help key, almost every program will open the help screen when this key is pressed.
- Enter CMOS SETUP
- WINDOW KEY + F1 would open the Microsoft Windows help and support center.
- Open the TASK PANE
- In Windows commonly used to rename a highlighted icon or file.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 opens document window in MICROSOFT WORD.
- Ctrl + F2 displays the print preview window in Microsoft Word.
- Enter CMOS SETUP.
- Often opens a search feature for many programs including Microsoft Windows.
- In MS-DOS or Windows command line F3 will repeat the last command.
- Shift + F3 will change the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lower case or a capital letter at the beginning of every word.
- Open find window.
- Repeat the last action performed (Word 2000+)
- Alt + F4 will close the program currently active in Microsoft Windows.
- Ctrl + F4 will close the open window within the current active window in Microsoft Windows.
- In all modern INTERNET BROWSERS pressing F5 will REFRESH or reload the page or document window.
- Open the find, replace, and go to window in Microsoft Word.
- Starts a slideshow in PowerPoint.
- Move the cursor to the ADDRESS BAR in INTERNET EXPLORER and MOZILLA FIREFOX
- Ctrl + Shift + F6 opens to another open Microsoft Word document.
- Commonly used to spell check and grammar check a document in Microsoft programs such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, etc.
- Shift + F7 runs a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
- Turns on Caret browsing in Mozilla Firefox.
- Function key used to enter the Windows startup menu, commonly used to access Windows SAFE MODE.
- Opens the Measurements toolbar in Quark 5.0.
- In Microsoft Windows activates the MENU BAR of an open application.
- Shift + F10 is the same as RIGHT CLICKING on a highlighted icon, file, or Internet link.
- Access the HIDDEN RECOVERY PARTITON on HP and Sony computers.
- Enter CMOS SETUP
- Full-screen mode in all modern Internet browsers.
- Ctrl + F11 as computer is starting to access the HIDDEN RECOVERY PARTITON on many Dell computers.
- Access the HIDDEN RECOVERY PARTITON on eMachines, Gateway, and Lenovo computers.
- Open the Save as window in Microsoft Word.
- Shift + F12 save the Microsoft Word document.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 prints a document in Microsoft Word.
- Preview a page in Microsoft Expression Web
- Open FIREBUG