Windows has specific feature in its Group Policy editor where we can restrict users from acce...
Windows has specific feature in its Group Policy editor where we can restrict users from accessing specified drives by making a drive invisible by just following these steps:
- You must be admin before following these steps
- Go to Start>Run , type gpedit.msc to open group policy editor
- Under group policy editor expand User Configuration>Administrative Templates>Windows Components
- Now select Windows Explorer , on right tab you can see Hide these specified drives in my computer
- Double Click on it , select Enabled and select one of the options from it .For Eg: If you want to restrict your C drive, select Restrict C drive only and click on ok to apply it in your PC.Now your C drive is invisible i.e., when you open My Computer your C drive icon is removed(not the original partition)
- To make your C drive visible , just select disabled.